Wednesday 7 October 2009

Hardtail 'V' Full Suspension...

I'd been looking at a full suspension bike the past few weeks... to add one to my fleet.

But I just can't do it. I can't justify the price, weight or why I need the extra bounce.
The NS is so planted over any terrain, i'd probably just not ride the full suspension!

Take last weekend at Whinlatter forest for instant...
on the climbs it was only tough because I only have 9 gears and had the complete wrong tyres for the conditions...
on the decents however, the NS was super quick, super responsive, floated over roots/rocks/drops/jumps and felt totally planted.... even with shocking tyres on!

So.. instead of buying a full suspension, I have opted for some decent tyres and a big can of MTFU!
When I feel that the NS Surge is holding me back, then I might consider a FS again!

1 comment:

  1. If you think your hardtail floats over the trail furniture, wait till you try a good, sorted, full sus bike.

    Get yourself along to the next demo day at your nearest trail centre, take away a double bumper and then mash a really gnarly bit of trail.

    I used to be like you and swore that my hardtail was all the bike I'd ever need, but that was then and this is now.

    ReplyDelete